This is a spectacular motherboard for the price. It is very full-featured and is well laid out to boot. The visual BIOS with a mouse seemed kind of gimmicky, but I'm used to a more traditional BIOS so I can't knock it too hard. The onboard overclocking tool was very effective, more so than their tool from the Rampage IV I had before. It did push the processor past a stable point a couple of times and I had to manually dial it back, but it was able to get me from 3.2Ghz to 4.7Ghz (stable) with just a mouse click.
Thermal management on the heat sinks is fine, and my chipset stays cool (not cold, but reasonably cool), even with a high overclock and two overclocked GPUs. This was a killer buy.
- 8 x DIMM Slots, Quad-channel DDR3 2400(O.C.)/2133(O.C.)/1866/1600/1333/1066 MHz Support
- Digital 8+2 Phase Power Design
- 2 x PCIe 3.0 x16 (dual@x16)
- AMD Quad-GPU CrossFireX and NVIDIA Quad-GPU SLI support
- 1 x COM connector + 1 x TPM header
- 1 x 1394a port
- CH High Definition Audio, DTS Connect, DTS Ultra PC II
- LAN featuring Intel 82579V Chipset